Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Keep Track of Gifts-- Quick Tip Tuesday

I use a binder to keep track of everything, so that I don't have to keep it in my head. 

One of the sections in my binder is labeled GIFTS.  I write down what gifts we gave to whom (just the major ones-- kids, grandparents, cousins) for Christmas, birthdays, Mother's/Father's Day.

This helps to:
     *make sure we don't give the same thing twice;

     *give along the same level from holiday-to-holiday (ex: It is bad to give the mother-in-law a mediocre "our-life-was-too-busy-to-really-think-on-this" gift for Mother's Day, and then give the father-in-law an amazing whopper of a gift a month later;)

     *remember ages we gave a "biggie" gift to our kids, to give it at the same age for the other kids;

     *remember the "traditional" gifts that we give every year (I would forget if it wasn't written down!)


I also have a page in this section for gift ideas.  If someone mentions something they like/need/want, I am reminded to keep a look out for that item.

What tips do you have for keeping track of gifts?

No comments:

Post a Comment